The Coronavirus, aka COVID-19, has affected many aspects of our lives. As this is a developing situation, this page will be updated as new information is available and new details emerge. The latest update will be in bold.
- April 2nd, 12:30pm: Our Easter Drive In Services have been cancelled due to the Shelter In Place Order issued on April 1st by Governor Reeves. Instead, we will stream our Easter Services to Facebook and Youtube at 9:15am, 11am and a special Easter Streaming Service at 3pm!
Also, our CityChurch offices will be closed to visitors effective immediately and until the Shelter In Place Order is lifted (currently April 20th but it certainly could be extended). If you need anything please contact the office at 662.404.2489 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 20, 4pm: This Sunday's 9:15am and 11am services will both be livestreamed at facebook.com/citychurchob. Join us there! We are kicking off a brand new series titled #AskingForAFriend - we'll be tackling your toughest questions about life, the Bible, relationships, COVID-19, whatever is on your heart and mind. To submit a question email email@example.com. See you on the livestream on March 22nd!
- March 16, 5pm: Our youth ministry, the662, will not be meeting this Wednesday, March 18th. CityGroups will be postponed for this week as well. The volunteer Go Team Party scheduled for this Friday, March 20th will be postponed to another date, yet to be determined. The Water Baptisms that were originally scheduled for this Sunday, March 22nd, will be postponed for a later date, yet to be determined.
- March 15: Based on the CDC's recommendations we will be cancelling all large group gatherings for the next 8 weeks and producing a livestream of the worship and message. The livestream will be available on our Facebook page. Watch this video for more information.
- March 14: We are still planning to have services on Sunday, March 15th. We are taking major precautions with our facility and in our children's ministry to ensure we have done everything to reduce risk. In accordance with guidelines from Mississippi State Health Officer Thomas Dobbs, we are asking those in the following categories not to attend. a. Those who are currently sick or symptomatic b. Those who are elderly (defined by Dobbs as over 65) or c. Those with compromised immune systems and immuno deficiencies.
If you are in any of these categories please know that you are missed and how much we appreciate you following these guidelines for your protection and the protection of others. We provide a livestream of both our 9:15am and 11:00am services every Sunday morning at Facebook.com/CityChurchOB. We invite those who cannot attend in person due to the above, as well as those who just do not feel comfortable being out in public right now due to the virus to join us online.
If you are in any of these categories, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your situation so we can know how to best pray for you and serve you during this season.
For more detail on how we can and should respond, please check out this video from Friday, March 13th, as well as Pastor Troy's blog post from Wednesday, March 11.
Stay safe and trust in Jesus! We love you CityChurch!